I spent four incredible years in Dallas, Texas. And over the past four years, Dallas has TRANSFORMED into this wonderful Mecca of restaurants galore. SO, if you find yourself in Dallas, check out my top places to dine:
- Meso Maya in Downtown Dallas – Their Downtown location is rad. Great Margaritas. Mouth-Watering Queso. Mexican Lasagna.
- Blue Goose Cantina on Lower Greenville – Tex Mex for the locals. Great Deals on Thursdays (tequila shots AYYY). Fresh tortillas till you can’t eat anymore. The ONLY place to do Cinco de Mayo.
- Uchi in Uptown – Rivals NOBU for a 1/4 of the price. Exotic Sushi. The 72-HOUR RIBEYE WITH THE GREEN APPLE SAUCE. Where to Happy Hour. Try the Foie Gras.
- Houndstooth Coffee on Knox Henderson – Killer donuts. Friendly baristas. My second home. Breakfast tacos on the weekends. May not qualify as a restaurant, but it is so good, you just gotta go.
- Oddfellows in Bishop Arts – Mimosas. Insane wait times, so get there early. The PANCAKES. The scrambles. The BEST brunch.
- Coal Vines in Uptown – Take a date. Oodles of Noodles. Can you say wine? The Penne Vodka. Normally you can stroll in without reservations 🙂
- True Food Kitchen in Highland Park – Birthday Dinners. THE EDAMAME DUMPLINGS. The entire menu is GOOD. Always drinking a Medicine Man.
- Nickel & Rye in Uptown – Sadly discovered right after graduation but their Brussels Sprouts could change the world. Great Drinks. Late Night Snacks.
- East Hampton Sandwich Co. in Highland Park – Right by SMU. Cheap. Delicious. Fast. Better than Panera. Always ordering the chicken parm.
- Victor Tangos on Knox Henderson – Where to take the parents. Family Style. Funky. Fresh. Intimate. If you are feeling up to it, you can also pre-order a Texas-sized fishbowl.