From the local favorites to the best BBQ in town, I’ve got you covered.
- Joe’s Kansas City in Leawood – The FRIES. the RIBS. the SAUCE. the PULLED PORK. Already highlighted in the TRAVEL list: kansas city because it’s gold. The BEST place to get your BBQ fix.
- BRGR Kitchen + Bar in Prairie Village – Their macaroni and cheese could actually change the world. SURE they have burgers, BUT their make-your-own cheesy pasta is the way to go. Don’t forget to add bacon. Truffle fries for days.
- Urban Table in Prairie Village – Good vibes, comfy pillows, and lime cucumber noodles. Yes, Lime. Cucumber. Noodles.
- Jose Pepper’s in Overland Park – Whenever I’m missing the greatness that is Tex Mex in Dallas, I head to Jose’s. Good prices. Espinaca Con Queso. ALL with a family friendly, laid back atmosphere.
- BRIO Tuscan Grille on the Plaza – $4 happy hour appetizers and VIEWS for days. The perfect hangout after hitting up those Plaza stores.
- Unbakery and Juicery in Brookside – #instagramHEAVEN. PLUS they have juice, kale salads, and good coffee. I’d go everyday, but it’s quite the hike across town.
- Twister’s Frozen Custard in Overland Park – Low key the best dessert in all of Kansas City. Order the worm farm with chocolate custard OR the grasshopper.
- La Bodega in Leawood – When you’ve got all your friends in town, make your reservation here. Their food is on point and their outdoor patio is even better. TAPAS on TAPAS.
- Fuel in Overland Park – THEIR BURGERS are the BEST in KC. After dinner you can hit up Kanza and learn how to line dance or Red 8 for a game of pool right next door.
- Sama Zama in Westport – Citrus Seaweed Salad and Teriyaki Bowls. What more could you need?!