What in the world Charlie?! the THINGS of 2016?!
YEAH MAN. Basically a list of all the things in 2016 that are 💯% approved by the LISTS of CHARLIE. In 2015, I would have said kale, Kit & Ace, SHOWTIME’s The Affair and Pizza Hut’s $10 dinner box. What’s good in 2016?! Oh yeah. These 10 things:
- TV this YEAR has been crazy, stupid awesome. From Westworld to Insecure to Black Mirror to The Affair (yeah it’s still that good). Binge away world, binge away.
- Biscoff Cookies because you can actually get an ENTIRE SLEEVE OF THEM at your local grocery store. No need to hoard them from your flight attendants or steal them from sleeping neighbors on the plane.
- Stan Smith sneakers. Hands down the coolest shoe known to man in 2016. Sorry Mr. West. Keeping them all white is still a struggle, hence my third & fourth pair.
- SoulCycle gets your FEELING ALIVE. Hugs are better than drugs. But sometimes SoulCycle is better than hugs. I tapped it back for this first time in January and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
- Coachella doesn’t need an explanation. It’s just heaven on earth. Zella Day. The 1975. Grimes. Anderson Paak. SIA. Plus also those surprise guests.
- Moleskine Planners because I customized mine with “sup” instead of my initials. Also because “hey, what’s up, hello” wouldn’t fit.
- Walk through Walls by Marina Abramovíc aka the best BOOK I’ve read in years. A memoir of Abramovíc’s life as a performance artist filled with creative inspiration on actually every page. I used two highlighters on this one.
- SPENDING ALL MY EXTRA CASH ON LATTEs and ESPRESSO SHOTS in search of that best cup of coffee. Who takes the cake?! Alfred Coffee in Los Angeles, Houndstooth Coffee in Dallas, Thou Mayest in Kansas City and Bluestone Lane in New York City.
- POST-GRAD LIFE because adulting can actually be quite fun.
- La La Land is MARVELOUS. HAND THEM ALL THE OSCARS NOW. Just go see it and prepare to be blown away. You’ll start smiling 30 seconds in and won’t stop until you’ve left the theatre. Or maybe you won’t stop smiling ever 🙂