Half a year, a lot of bagels, and 10 restaurants approved by The Lists of Charlie.
- Maison Pickle in the Upper West Side – Brunch. Brunch. Brunch. BUT also their biscuits, Eggs Benedict, fresh OJ, and the impeccable chicken, bacon, and pancakes. Yes, you read that right. Chicken. Bacon. Pancakes.
- By Chloe in West Village – Dairy-Free people REJOICE. MAC AND CHEESE YOU CAN EAT. That is low key the bee’s knees. Their beet ketchup is also the move.
- The Wayfarer in Midtown – Just two blocks south of Central Park, it’s the perfect breakfast bite. Their avocado toast is five raised hands emojis. Also, french toast.
- Joanne Trattoria in the Upper West Side – A quick cab ride from my apartment and steps from Lincoln Center, this family-owned, Italian restaurant has the best Spaghetti and Meatballs you’ll ever have. They also have a snazzy wine collection and bring your table Pellegrino.
- Nobu Fifty Seven in Midtown – Uma Thurman stole my table. Yet, I dream about their ponzu shrimp all day, every day. More private than the TriBeCa location, it’s got celebration all over it. My Nobu Rule: trust the waiters and BALL OUT.
- Dos Caminos in Meatpacking – It’s no Meso Maya, but for New York, it will suffice. Order your drinks on the rock and prepare to eat about 143255 chips and 124 bowls of their medium salsa.
- Artichoke Pizza in Chelsea – After you’ve danced the night away in Meatpacking, stumble uptown to this pizza place for your 4:00AM slice. The portions are HUGE, so don’t be like me, order breadsticks AND a whole pizza and think you can handle it.
- Vandal in the Lower East Side – It’s a blast. A BLAST. Their food is CRAZY good. The atmosphere is electric with energy and you’ll impress all your friends by finding this hotspot. Churros for the win.
- Sweet Chick in the Lower East Side – You’ll have a religious experience. Kanye and Drake play while you eat the best Chicken and Waffles you’ve ever had. Also order the mashed potatoes.
- Van Leeuwen’s Ice Cream in Williamsburg – Just bless. the. ice. cream. gods.
If you need some more specific recommendations, always feel free to contact me!
What’s next to try on my list? Well, I’m glad you asked: Miss Lily’s (the one on 7A), Fig & Olive, Grammercy Tavern, Black Tail, Kazu Nori, and Tsurutontan.