WELL, It’s SUMMER in New York City. And it has been pretty, pretty cool (lifestyle and temperature wise). 10 things on my mind related to summer in the city (and somewhat not related) below. List formation, here we GO:
- Back on a dark day in May, I woke up at 4:00 AM to scathing heat. 2 fans made no difference. A cold shower and 12 hours later, I found my new best friend at Lowe’s. God bless the AIR CONDITONERs of the city. *Who would have guessed Lowe’s would show up on tLoC?!*
- God bless HAIM.
- Caliente Cab. The Facebook viral video with the GIANT margaritas was a LIE, but it’s my new favorite spot. Just don’t be that person taking a picture of the giant margarita over the patio. Eat enchiladas for days.
- People in New York LOVE the Hamptons. AND YES, I’m totally hoping to be one of those people who go every weekend one day. Yet, NO ONE is HERE on the WEEKENDS now. Sooooo…Explore that CITY. Heck, DATE the CITY if you feel so inclined.
- I really like living in the Upper West Side. Sure, I sometimes feel like an old man reading in Riverside Park, BUT have you seen the tree-lined STREETS?!
- I’m adding “GIF Wizard” to my resume. That and “taco connoisseur.” I’m undecided on “music video enthusiast.” Please let me know your thoughts.
- YOGA, man. Who would have thought?! Sure, I’m tumbling over and I have no clue what a chaturanga is or does, but I’m learning. And I like sleeping on the floor.
- It hit me about 6 weeks ago, but this list maker LOVES new york.
- I just went to TAOS, NEW MEXICO!!! I’ll make a list soon…A sneak peek: TAOS knows how to make mouth-watering french fries. Spoiler: “the TRIP list: TAOS” is basically “the FRENCH FRIES list.” Muhahaha.
- I’m still learning a lot about life. And that’s COMPLETELY okay. At the end of the day, the best part about summer has been sharing stories with new and old friends over drinks, dinner, and/or dessert on many sidewalk patios. OR on that Brooklyn Barge (low key the coolest place to hang all summer long).