70-80 degrees, palm trees, fresh lemonade, covered stages, art installations and crazy outfits are more than encouraged. It’s not just Coachella, it’s practically heaven. Whether you’re headed to Weekend 2 or just want the scoop on this year’s festival, I’ve recapped my favorite weekend of the year with a list of the top 10 best performers on the lineup.
10. SOHN – His debut album is what I turn on in the painting and photography studio and his Friday afternoon set did not disappoint. Grab one of the fresh strawberry banana mango smoothies by the stage for this one.
9. Oh Wonder – A PURE delight. With palm trees outlining their technicolor set, you’ll smile and sway to this duo. Their second LP is out this Spring and you’ll get a few sneak peeks of the record.
8. GRYFFIN – Head to the Sahara tent and get ready to DANCE. Leave a few minutes early as this tent will surely be PACKED. Throw your hands up and plan to stay for his entire set.
7. The xx – Magical harmonies that tug your heart strings. This band has been on my must-see list for years and they lived up to EVERY EXPECTATION. Grab your spot early. You’ll want to be right in the crossfire of their light show.
6. Banks – The CLEAR winner of the first day fo Coachella. Banks soared through material from her incredible sophomore release, The Altar. With modern dance, lace, and fabric, it’s a fusion of performance art and symphonic brilliance.
5. Bishop Briggs – TALK ABOUT A POWERHOUSE. She’ll blow you completely away with her mad voice control and range. Even if you haven’t heard her debut EP, skip the other acts and head to her Sunday night set.
4. Bon Iver – Strategically placed between Future and Gaga’s sets for some crowd control, their Coachella performance was out. of. this. world. If you aren’t into slow, sad songs skip it. Yet, if you do, enjoy their sonic waves in the California breeze.
3. Future – Aka where DRAKE showed up, followed by MIGOS, and Ty Dolla $ign. Get ready to jump, be squeezed, and have the time of your life. It was low key the most star-studded set of the weekend with Katy Perry, Tyler the Creator, Amber Rose and more watching from that artist guest lounge.
2. Lady Gaga – A-YO it’s a wild good time. She gives those super fans (hey, what’s up) and her smash hits wild new choreography, an EPIC set, tons of Gaga-jokes, and fireworks. Her new single (which she premiered 😆 during Weekend 1) is sure to be THE CURE to your Day 2 sunburn.
1. Lorde – The. most. brilliant. festival. set. I honestly think I’ve ever seen. Lorde isn’t a wild dancer anymore, she’s a polished performer. The visual design is spectacular, her vocals are impeccable and its a performance people will be bragging about for years having witnessed. Coachella, melodramatic royalty.
Other notable highlights: HP’s Antarctic Tent, The Head and the Heart, the margaritas between the Outdoor and Coachella stage, Lady Gaga’s merchandise, Autograf, Local Natives, SNBRN, and Father John Misty.