Where you’ll find me in New York City and all of my favorite things to do:
- Bluestone Lane in Bryant Park
- Ludlow Coffee Supply in the Lower East Side
- Happy Bones in Nolita
- Toby’s Estate in West Village
- La Colombe in TriBeCa
- Stumptown Coffee in Greenwich Village
- Variety Coffee Roasters in Williamsburg
- Mud in East Village
- Merriweather in West Village
- La Mercerie Cafe in SoHo
- The Dead Poet in the Upper West Side
- The Brooklyn Barge in Greenpoint
- Better Days in the Lower East Side
- No Fun in the Lower East Side
- The Ides in Williamsburg
- The Bar Downstairs in Bryant Park
- The Top of the Standard in Meatpacking
- Little Branch in West Village
- The Four-Faced Liar in West Village
- Boat Basin Café in the Upper West Side
- The Palm Court at the Plaza Hotel
- The Public Rooftop in the Lower East Side
- Sweet & Vicious in Nolita
- Blue Ribbon in West Village
- The Happiest Hour in West Village
- Nobu Fifty Seven in Midtown
- Lafayette in NoHo
- Sweet Chick in the Lower East Side
- Blackseed Bagels in Nolita
- Benny’s Burritos in West Village
- Emmett’s in Greenwich Village
- Caliente Cab in West Village
- Jack’s Wife Freda in West Village
- KAZUNORI in NoMad
- Seamore’s in Chelsea
- Cotenna in West Village
- Joseph Leonard in West Village
- Café Frida in the Upper West Side
- Balthazar in SoHo
- Bar Primi in NoHo
- The Spotted Pig in West Village
- Anatalia in Midtown East
- Rintintin in Nolita
- The Mercer Kitchen in SoHo
- Lovely Day in Nolita
- Freeman’s in the Lower East Side
- Cafe Cluny in West Village
- Treathouse in the Upper West Side
- Morgensten’s in the Lower East Side
- Levain in the Upper West Side
- Dear Evan Hansen
- SpongeBob Squarepants
- Hello, Dolly!
- Once On This Island
- Mean Girls
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- My Fair Lady
- Come From Away
- Rag & Bone
- Club Monaco
- Saint Laurent
- The Arrivals
- Barney’s NY
- Marine Layer
- The Kooples
- Gentle Monster
- All Saints
- The Guggenheim in the Upper East Side
- The Whitney in Meatpacking
- Jane’s Carousel in DUMBO
- SoulCycle in NoHo
- MoMA in Midtown
- Terminal 5 in Midtown
- The High Line in Chelsea
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art in the Upper East Side
- Central Park in Manhattan
- Riverside Park in the Upper West Side
- Grand Central in Midtown
- Top of the Rock in Midtown
Don’t spread the word too much. Keep these favorites on the down low.
Oh, hey! It’s nice to be back. So WHAT has been UP (since I’ve been MIA since the SONG list: september)?! Read this list to find out.
- Have you heard of Billie Eilish? She’s basically the best thing to happen to 2017. Her tender vocals, sonic beats, and witty production have been on repeat since October. Eilish will rule 2018, so make sure you check her out.
- I’ve been taking a break from social media. #WHY?! Since I’ve been working in the digital/social space full-time, a dude can need a break. I mean does everyone really need to see me at another coffee shop? Does the world really need to see the moments I share with my closest friends?! To be honest, I’m not quite SURE. What has this break taught me? Just being present is a lot more rewarding than likes and comments.
- The zucchini chips at Rintintin are out of this world. So is Spongebob Squarepants: the Musical.
- I’m reading the GREATEST, most spell-binding novel right now by Hanya Yanagihara. A Little Life, tells the story of four men coming into their own after moving to New York City post-college. It’s over 700 pages and I actually can’t put it down.
- @Charzweber is drinking black coffee with raw sugar this winter. Either at a local La Colombe or at my favorite diner by Lincoln Center.
- Tove Lo’s Blue Lips weaves together what I loved about “Habits” with a dark fusion of synths. The hooks are catchy as ever. I’ll run to this album on Sunday mornings from start to finish.
- Earlier this fall, I moved from the Upper Upper West Side to the heart of the Upper West Side. And I LOVE IT. Walking by the Natural History Museum every morning to work, Book Culture on Columbus, SUPER restaurants, and cupping at a place across from my apartment makes my new place a 10/10.
- Everything about the orange zest pancakes at Nickel & Diner.
- Like always, I’m watching quite a lot of Television. What’s streaming on my Apple TV right now? This Is Us, The Crown, Curb Your Enthusiasm, High Maintenance, Shameless, and Keeping Up.
- The bottom line: I’m working a lot (but I LOVE what I do), I’m still drinking a lot of coffee, I’m reading, I’m exploring, and I’m still learning every day. ALSO, we can’t forget it’s the most wonderful time of the year: Oscar Season. As of 12/19, Lady Bird is my favorite film of the year. But, let’s not forget my Netflix cameo in Gaga: Five Foot Two…
Half a year, a lot of bagels, and 10 restaurants approved by The Lists of Charlie.
- Maison Pickle in the Upper West Side – Brunch. Brunch. Brunch. BUT also their biscuits, Eggs Benedict, fresh OJ, and the impeccable chicken, bacon, and pancakes. Yes, you read that right. Chicken. Bacon. Pancakes.
- By Chloe in West Village – Dairy-Free people REJOICE. MAC AND CHEESE YOU CAN EAT. That is low key the bee’s knees. Their beet ketchup is also the move.
- The Wayfarer in Midtown – Just two blocks south of Central Park, it’s the perfect breakfast bite. Their avocado toast is five raised hands emojis. Also, french toast.
- Joanne Trattoria in the Upper West Side – A quick cab ride from my apartment and steps from Lincoln Center, this family-owned, Italian restaurant has the best Spaghetti and Meatballs you’ll ever have. They also have a snazzy wine collection and bring your table Pellegrino.
- Nobu Fifty Seven in Midtown – Uma Thurman stole my table. Yet, I dream about their ponzu shrimp all day, every day. More private than the TriBeCa location, it’s got celebration all over it. My Nobu Rule: trust the waiters and BALL OUT.
- Dos Caminos in Meatpacking – It’s no Meso Maya, but for New York, it will suffice. Order your drinks on the rock and prepare to eat about 143255 chips and 124 bowls of their medium salsa.
- Artichoke Pizza in Chelsea – After you’ve danced the night away in Meatpacking, stumble uptown to this pizza place for your 4:00AM slice. The portions are HUGE, so don’t be like me, order breadsticks AND a whole pizza and think you can handle it.
- Vandal in the Lower East Side – It’s a blast. A BLAST. Their food is CRAZY good. The atmosphere is electric with energy and you’ll impress all your friends by finding this hotspot. Churros for the win.
- Sweet Chick in the Lower East Side – You’ll have a religious experience. Kanye and Drake play while you eat the best Chicken and Waffles you’ve ever had. Also order the mashed potatoes.
- Van Leeuwen’s Ice Cream in Williamsburg – Just bless. the. ice. cream. gods.
If you need some more specific recommendations, always feel free to contact me!
What’s next to try on my list? Well, I’m glad you asked: Miss Lily’s (the one on 7A), Fig & Olive, Grammercy Tavern, Black Tail, Kazu Nori, and Tsurutontan.